1. What information do we gather?
- We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) as well as information that does not identify you (e.g. visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website).
- We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer.
- We might also collect your IP address through the placement of cookies (see section 5 below).
2. How do we gather information?
Information is gathered in two ways:
- Indirectly (e.g. using website technology or digital application for a mobile device); and
- Directly (e.g. when you buy a subscription, sign up to create a profile, download a mobile device application or you provide your information when you interact with us).
3. How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
- We provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you.
- We do this by using opt-out tick boxes. If the boxes are not there, it is because we will not use your information for any other purpose than that for which you give it (e.g. to administer a subscription).
4. How we use your information
We might use your information to:
- Remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies. You can prevent this; see section 5 below.
- Place your anonymised information into audience segments to identify your interests so that we might serve you with offers that may interest you
- Ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions);
- Contact you by email (primarily), mail, telephone or sms text message to let you know about any of our products, services or promotions;
- Ensure materials on the website or in apps are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device;
- Assess and understand customer feedback and identify usage hotspots.
- If you have subscribed to any of our services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you have told us otherwise.
Below are some examples of use:
- Analytics cookies that anonymously remember a computer or mobile device when a user visits a website. They keep track of browsing patterns and build up a profile of how visitors use the website.
- Service cookies that help to make websites work as efficiently as possible; remember user’s registration and login details; remember settings preferences; and meter the number of pages viewed.
- Third party advertising and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of independent advertisers who are advertising on a site. These cookies may be placed within the advertisement and elsewhere on a site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the advertiser to count how many people have seen their advertisement or have seen it more than once.
- We have no access to third party cookies, and third party organisations have no access to ours. The third party organisations that place cookies on our Site have their own privacy policies.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the “help” menu on your browser.
- Note that switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
- The password you provide when registering with the website ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
- We invest in security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use procedures to protect the security of your information.
7. Disclosing your information
- We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, or if we are required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
- We sometimes share your personal information with third parties who are our subcontractors or providers of various products and services on our behalf.
- We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
8. Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you is stored in our secure server.
9. Changes to this Policy
If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
This Policy was last updated on 10 August, 2017